Online Courses Coming Soon!
We are currently working on creating online courses that are engaging, content rich and user friendly. Courses will launch in 2018. We will send updates as we get closer to our launch date. Please sign up for our newsletter to receive information on course offerings, discounts and events. Thank you for choosing Coast Allied Health for your continuing education needs.
Would you like to host a course at your facility? Please contact us today for more information.
Parents and caregivers click here.
Therapeutic Yoga for the Child with Developmental Challenges
Presented by Anne Buckley-Reen, OTR/L, RYT
September 28-29, 2018
Suma Kids, Inc.
1190 Burnett Avenue, Suite D
Faculty: Anne Buckley-Reen, OTR/L, RYT has been a practicing pediatric therapist for 30+ years and a pioneer in the use of yoga as a therapeutic modality for the past 16 years. Her work with yoga has been researched, published and cited in numerous journal articles and is the foundation for a researched preparatory program widely used in NYC schools-special needs classrooms. Anne brings a wealth of treatment options to pediatric therapy through yoga and continues to expand her knowledge and sharing through her dynamic yoga trainings.
This DYNAMIC workshop shares clinically tested individual yoga therapy protocols as well as the therapeutic use of specific yoga modalities and modifications for children of all ages. This program highlights the use of YOGA therapy for INDIVIDUAL treatment sessions and strategies for even your most challenging clients. Through experiential labs, participants will focus on the physical, regulatory, physiological, sensory-motor and emotional benefits of specific therapeutic yoga postures, breath-work and relaxation techniques. Breath and sound and relaxation exercises to enhance regulation, endurance and organization will be highlighted. Clinical care analysis will demonstrate the therapeutic benefits of each sequence with children challenged by:
- Self-Regulatory Issues
- Learning Disabilities
- Sensory-Motor Immaturity-Motor Planning/Executive Function Issues
- Cerebral Palsy
- Degenerative Neuromuscular Conditions
- Become familiar with specific yoga breathing and postural techniques to address self-regulation, anxiety, central attention, sensory–motor registration, endurance, motor skills organization and executive function.
- Create a therapeutic environment that will calm even the most anxious child and experience a series of clinically tested 5-part yoga sequences with individualized modifications for specific challenges and a wide range of therapeutic benefit.
- Enhance self-regulation, self-awareness and self-control through timing, sequencing and repetition of yoga posture.
- Address neurological immaturity and facilitate body awareness, motor planning and motor skills through a developmentally choreographed yoga practice.
- Enhance circulation, oxygenation, immune system support with postural, breath and relaxation technique.
- Become familiar with the use of props (straps, blocks, pillows, towels, blankets) to enhance alignment, breath control, body awareness and motor control.
- Build strength, coordination, balance and motor skills through active flow and holding of posture.
- Become familiar with individualized body- breath strategies to regulate arousal, increase engagement , and build brain body connections.
- Learn to reduce stress and enhance integration with progressive relaxation techniques for students with ASD, ADD and LD (hands on and off).
*12 contact hours awarded to all attendees/1.2 AOTA CEUs awarded to all OTs and OTAs
Early registration fee (before September 1st) is $300, registration after is $375.
Click below to register:
Activity cancellation by Provider:
Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a course for any reason. In the event Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education, Inc. cancels a course a full refund for tuition will be issued to the learner. Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education, Inc. is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the learner except for course tuition. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Activity cancellation by Learner:
All cancellations will be accepted with a written notice and must be received 14 days prior to course date. Cancellations will be refunded minus a processing fee. Refunds will not be issued after the deadline.
Learners may contact Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education, Inc. by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , calling (805) 996-0899 or writing a letter to Coast Allied Health Consulting and Education, PO Box 4037 San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-4037. All inquires will be followed up in a timely manner.
Please contact Mollie Bivens at (805) 996-0899 or at email@example.com.